Acknowledgements are due to the following for their assistance in the preparation of this website:
Local historians Julian Hunt and Jenny Townshed;
Jennie McGregor-Smith, chronicler of local architect John Cotton;
Jeff and Jules Evans, responsible for previous editions of this website.
Philip Cooper, for his valued contributions.
Mention must also be made of local architect, artist and historian John Cotton who with his brother William collected many materials relating to Bromsgrove and its history, presented in 1924 to Birmingham Central Library as the Cotton Collection.
William Cotton was also a long-time supporter of the Institute, and it was the generous legacy left in his will which helped to fund the building of its new premises in New Road, of which his brother John was the architect.